Friday, August 1, 2008

Updating Resume

My time as a stay at home mom is coming to an end.  Once I have all the kids back in school this year (in just two short weeks!), I will be starting a new job hunt.


glitter-graphics.com

Ft. Rucker is sponsoring a job fair on the 12th of August.  There are a few employers that I am interested in making contact with, so I spent this night working on my resume.  I hate writing resumes.  And I really hate seeing the glaring years of no work while I chose to be home with the kids.  It was my choice, and I'm glad I did it... but I worry that it may keep me from being the most successful candidate out there.

Guess we'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!  I hope you find something you really enjoy.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunt.  I wouldn't worry to much about the years of no work.  With so many mothers choosing to stay home and raise their kids, I think it's a pretty common thing to see.
Madison

Anonymous said...

I can imagine it's tough, I keep saying when I get a bit healthy again I'm going to look too. Whatever you do, you'll be a great one.....you're such a sweet person with a positive attitude, anyone will be lucky to have you :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I think you staying home with your kids shows loyalty in the right places... many mothers today do choose to do that, so it shouldn't be too bad, hopefully these employers will understand that and will give you a chance.  Good Luck!!

Joann