Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting excited about the Sister Trip

I mentioned a while back that my sister and I were doing a road trip this year for our sister trip.  This year it was also my turn to plan and coordinate the events.  I'm getting pretty excited because I think I lined up some fun things to do while we explore Nashville, Atlanta, and Savannah. 


glitter-graphics.com

We start off in Nashville. I'm picking up my sister from the airport mid afternoon. Our first night there we are taking a Haunted Tavern Tour.  According to the information, we will visit between 3 and 5 taverns, each stop will feature ghost stories of the tavern and/or surrounding area (and of course there will be time and opportunity to grab a drink).

On our second day, we are taking the "Discover Nashville" tour which includes entrance into the Ryman Auditorium and museum and entrance into the Country Music Hall of Fame.  Plus aguided tour around Nashville by bus.


glitter-graphics.com

To celebrate my sister's birthday (8/17), I snagged us some really great seats for the Bruce Springsteen concert 8/21.  This is a surprise for her.

Our Atlanta leg of the trip includes the trolley tour (on and off opportunities through out the day) and World of Coca Cola, plus lots of shopping chances.

Down in Savannah, we're staying at a haunted bed and breakfast.  We also start our first night there with a haunted walking tour of "historic" Savannah. 

We are doing a "foodie" tour of the Savannah area, stops at several restaurants known for their southern cuisine and unique takes on traditional dishes (The Lady and her Sons is one of the stops)

Finally, we close out our time in Savannah with a Dinner Cruise on a River Showboat. I've arranged for a "Happy Birthday" treat for my sister during our dinner. 

Our last two days we will leisurely drive back to Nashville, taking in whatever extra sights we feel will complete our vacation (or just shop!).

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN!!!!!  What a GREAT sister you are!!!!  I love that idea (especially the "BRUCE" part... LOL!!)!!!!  I sure hope she doesn't read your journal, or the surprises will be spoiled!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to see Nashville.  I have a relative in Tenn, guess I need to pay them a visit, lol.  Your trip you have planned sounds like a lot of fun.
Madison

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip! I love the haunted aspects of it. Although I'm not sure if I would stay in an inn that was haunted. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

A haunted tavern tour? A stay at a haunted B&B??

Can I come?! LOL

I LOVE stuff like that, it sounds like you'll have a great time!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip.  We've been thinking abut going to Savannah.  Have a great time!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, what a FABULOUS trip.....I wanna come too!!! It sounds like so much fun and your sis is going to DIE about the tickets to see The Boss, holy cow!!!! I am so excited for you.....you are goingto have a blast. When do you leave?

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda