Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm home and already knee-deep in nonsense

I arrived home about 8:50 pm.  Kids were all jammied up and ready for bed.  Paul had already left for his newest TDY adventure.  The house looked great, kudos to Paul (and the kids) for letting me come home to a clean home.

Today I've been tackling some issues I have with Kendra's housing situation. She's in an off campus apartment complex.  We've had some confusion understanding the contract.  Also, Paul had huge issues with the fact that these folks allowed the students moving in to have to clean up after the workmen that had been in the apartments (these are newly built apartments).  No cleaning crew came through before the students moved in.  There was plaster and dust and mud and all kinds of muck through out the place.  The stairs and hallways were cluttered with building material litter  while all these students were trying to move into their respective apartments.

So I just spent about an hour of my time being shuttled (telephonically) from one person to another while trying to get some clarity in this situation.  It doesn't help that the managers have been fired and new ones hired since we first started this process back in March. UGH... frustrating all the way around. 

I think I finally have a handle on the rent agreement and while I hate to admit they were correct... well, they were correct...

But Paul is still waging war over the safety of the hallways and stairwells.  I passed along the names and phone numbers to him because that mother bear instinct is not going to win points with these people. I think they will appreciate the more calm discussion they will have with Paul.  he he he.  But I guess we will see.

Stories to come about the trip. It was a lot of fun and some truly spooky things happened on our ghost pub crawl.  I'll share soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the housing thing gets sorted out. Too bad you had to deal with it right when you got back!

I can hardly wait to hear about the ghost pub tour!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate that poor Kendra is having these issues....I hope they get straightend out soon. I'm glad you are back safe & sound and look forward to hearing about your trip.:)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Poor Kendra.... sounds like the apt. managers are really taking advantage of those kids, not expecting parents to get involved.    YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!!  Can't wait to hear about the Ghost Pub tour... sounds fun!!

Joann