Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I have pictures! and stories!.. well.. okay, one story

Mood: Lighthearted

Here are some of the pics that we took over the weekend, moving Kendra.. I realize now that I didn't really take enough, but we were kind of busy unpacking.

My van packed up with the "essentials."

Kendra, sitting in the back because mom made her pose.. doesn't she look happy? LOL

Kendra and Kim unpacking boxes and sorting through stuff.

Her bed, all set up with the new linens.

At her doorway,

Kendra, wondering why I needed to take a picture at the phone store...behind that display in the back is Kim against the wall reading a book. We were there for more than two hours!

Okay.. now the story.. :)   My doorbell rings this afternoon about 1 pm. I go to the side door, but no one is there. Rather than run through the house to the other door, I step outside and walk to the edge of the house to check the front door.  Out of habit, I pull the side door close behind me.  INSTANT REALIZATION that the door is not unlocked. 

At my front door is a delivery guy with flowers.  Very pretty flowers, but all I can focus on is the fact that I am now locked out.  Nice delivery man offers me his phone to call someone... but.. I have no one to call.. Paul is in Florida, Kendra is in Troy.. Kim and Mac can't drive!!!  LMAO... instead I ask if he can drive me to the neighborhood office.  I figure if they can't let me into my house, at the very least I can hang out there until the kids get home from school around 4 PM.

Folks at the Office were very nice... Drove me right home and opened up my door for me.  Then I took some time to admire my flowers and the card.

Just another day in Paradise!


glitter-graphics.com

 

It has been brought to my attention that I didn't mention my flower giver.  :)  LOL.. sorry about that.   They were from Paul along with a nice note that said: Thank you for your support and understanding. You are a wonderful wife and mother. I love you, Paul.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAIT... SO WHO ARE THE FLOWERS FROM!!???  Don't leave us hanging!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

ok missy who were the flowers from you left that out lol
hugs
Sherry
be prepared I will be doing that Saturday and I am sure there will be tears ...
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Those were great pictures....she is so cute and she looks so happy! I love, love, love the bedspread/quilt, it's really awesome!
LMAO about you getting locked out....that is so something I would do!!! I'm glad you were able to get back in so quickly, and the flowers from Paul are beautiful....you & I both got really lucky in the hubby department :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww.  A day of mixed emotions topped off with flowers and a sweet note!  Nice entry.


Russ

Anonymous said...

That Paul, he is a keeper for sure!

Hugs
erica