Friday, September 8, 2006

Odd and Ends

Stress comes in all forms.  Yesterday's stress came in the form of two phone calls from Mac's school.  I've been keeping him home because he is just miserable with this stomach pain.  I'd hate for him to be at school, in the middle of class and finally have something work....quickly.  Anyway, the calls were from the counselor and the principal.  I explained what was going on and assured them that I hoped he'd be back in school by Monday, but if not.. I would come up to the school and start whatever process needed to be done to have him tutored until he could come back.

He's been keeping up though.  The school system here has the teacher's submit their homework to be placed on the school website.  Mac pulls his homework each afternoon and does it.  I will contact the teachers today to see if there is anything else he needs to have done to be caught up when he returns on Monday.

Yesterday's eating was a little erratic, but I kept my calories to about 1650.  I did get some of my list done for yesterday, but not all.  So I'll be working on the list still today.  I spoke with Paul last night about the DVD connection.  He wrote me an email later, reminding me that I could pull out the book we got with our DTV, he says there are all sorts of diagrams for the various ways to hook up all the stuff.  So.. I'll be looking into that book today, maybe I already have the cables I need.

If I haven't solved the DVD issue by Monday, I'm going to start going to the gym here on post.  I don't know why I didn't start that sooner... but I'm gonna chalk it up to being distracted with Mac not feeling well.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really hope that Mac starts feeling better soon.  That's just horrible when I kid is in pain and all you can do is wait.  Keep us posted.  Good luck with the DVD, what a pain in the rear.
Kelli