Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Found the Scale, Can't hide any longer!

Well, I found the scale finally.  It arrived in good condition and so my weeks of not having any number staring at me is over. 

My START OVER weight is: 224

I'm not too upset about the gain.  It could have been much worse.  I'm still not quite as ready to start into the exercise program.  I haven't been able to find the cables I need to hook up my VCR/DVD player. I think I may stop by the NEX and pick up some new cables today if I can't figure something out before I leave the house.

For the moment, I am following the guidelines my sister sent me from her Jenny Craig program.  I still have not located all my WW stuff to be able to track points.  No biggie, the JC program will allow me to do my shopping today and keep myself on track until I find the WW stuff.

My weekend was interesting.  My friend Lisa and her boys came down to visit with us from Ohio.  Lisa and I have known each other for close to 15 years now.  We used to have so much in common but it seems that at this point, we just like to talk to each other.

She has been stuck in a dead end relationship for over four years now. They break up, they patch up, they break up.  He has a drinking problem, and he will use drugs if he can get them easily.  I have been the one that she calls when he is making life miserable for everyone. Of course, my advice is always the same "dump his ass."

Anyway, I mention this  because she seems to have lost her joy of life. I constantly felt like I just couldn't keep her entertained enough. They are on a "break up" part of the cycle right now... so that could have been part of it.  But I have to say ... I'm pretty impressed that she didn't bring him up at all while she was here.  That was a first.

While she was here I enrolled her into Match.com.  I figure anything off of there has got to be better than him. 

Well.. that is all I need to purge for now.  I'm sure I'll be back at the end of the day to check in with my information.

No comments: