Saturday, September 9, 2006

Reviewing my first four days on the diet

First of all... I cheated this morning and stepped on the scale.  This isn't an official weigh in, but... I weighed 220.9 this morning.  WOO HOO it's going on the right direction!

My calorie counts for the last four days have been has follows: Tuesday -2275, Wednesday-1238, Thursday-1746 and Friday-1348.  I think Tuesday was a fluke, but I do like how no two days are exactly the same on calories.  I think that helps.  Not that it was intentional.  What was intentional this week is making sure that I accounted for everything I ate. I could have blown off the food diary, and was tempted a couple of times, but I know that in the long run I do better when I can see what I'm eating.  If I stay on top of it all day, I can adjust for when I wasn't as perfect as I could have been.

Another exciting aspect to this past week is that I've been able to make 4 dinners in a row for the kids and me. We've been eating a lot of fast food because of the chaos that has been happening here with all the moving boxes... but I've managed to carve out enough space in the kitchen that I can now cook more often.  I have even found all my favorite cookbooks, so hopefully by next shopping trip, I'll be ready to start making some new dishes for us to all try.

I still haven't been able to exercise... too much lethargy and too much to do in the house.. but this is my last weekend to not worry about it.  I think the exercise is just what I need to push this into high gear.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are finally off to an awesome start....  good job.. MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

I have to keep a food diary or any lifestyle change won't work for me.  I tried the calorie counting but it doesn't work for me so I'm doing WW.  Congrats on a good start!  Hugs,  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess