Monday, September 11, 2006

When it rains...

Well... as luck would have it, the meds Mac has been getting for his constipation kicked in this morning and he has had diarrhea all day.  The longest time frame between bathroom visits was an hour, until the last time .. which was at 1 pm.  So presumably, he's kind of caught up now.  Poor thing... no more drugs for him. Now we have to wait and see if the pain he's been having is relieved.

He wants to be homeschooled.  He says there are no problems going on at school, that he actually likes the school and has made a couple of friends.  But he says he just wants to be at home with me.  I think this is because his dad is gone.  He asked to be homeschooled when we were in Colorado as well. I think he feels a bit insecure when Paul is gone.

I've been looking at programs.  I am not sure which way I want to go.  I asked him to go back to school for this week and we could talk about it again next weekend.  If he still wants to homeschool, I think I am going to do it.  I love homeschooling them, and this would be the last year that I feel competent enough to do so.  Next year, he'll be in high school and all my opportunities to homeschool will be gone.

My diet has remained intact, even with all that has been going on the past seven days. I'm very proud of myself and I am looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your son is feeling better.  I always wanted to homschool the boys, but my oldests learning disabilities and my youngest's problems made me feel like they would be better off in a public setting with teachers who are trained for this which I am not.  Good luck with your decision.
Madison