Sunday, October 22, 2006

All things not covered

Friday night I lost my internet connection.  This is always a scary thing to me because I'm not always sure I know how to "fix" the problem if it's something I need to fix.  After fussing over that damn thing for a while, I finally gave up and went to bed.  Saturday morning it connected just fine, so clearly whatever was wrong was NOT within my borders, but somewhere outside of the house.

Saturday morning, I couldn't catch up with e-mail because I was getting a furniture delivery at around 10:00 A.M.  So, while I was glad to see my internet was up, I couldn't really spend any time with it.  Both of my daughters are/were in need of new bedroom furniture.  We got all the kids full size beds upon our return to the states, but other than Mac's room, we haven't finished with all of their bedrooms yet.  Kimberly found a dresser and bedside table that she really liked at a local furniture store back on Tuesday... so Saturday was the deliver date. 

We spent the very early morning emptying the last of the boxes in Kim's room and clearing a safe walkway from the front door to her room.  The men arrived on time and put everything up for us.  Kimberly's furniture has a nice cherry finish and with the colors she's chosen for her wall (lavender and turquoise), the whole room now has a nice warm feeling.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Once the furniture was in, we took off for all sorts of errand running.  We stopped at Joann's so I could take advantage of their sale.  We saw "The Nightmare Before Christmas" in 3D.... save your money for those of you that have already seen the movie.  The 3d effect was good, but nothing was redone to take advantage of the technology.  I slept through a good portion of the movie.  But the kids enjoyed it. :)

My mother in law is home and resting comfortably.  There was a delay in her homecoming because of hiccups and medication, but she is doing well.  I think there are a couple of things they are watching for and she sees the surgeon again in 2 weeks to get the "all clear."  Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes.

Today is going to be my... "what can I accomplish in the house that will make me feel good" day.  I have four construction projects and one paint job. Plus several boxes that still need to be dealt with.

I am calling my sweetie and talking sweet nothings to him, so I am out of here!myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you are going to have an incredibly busy weekend.  I'm glad to hear that your MIL is home and doing well. Good luck with your projects.

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Very cool, new furniture is always a nice treat  :)  Glad to hear that all is well and that the MIL is doing good... Love the phone sex graphic, too! I almost felt like I should look away...LOL

Love ya!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your projects.
Madison

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your MIL is home and doing better.  Good luck with yourprojects today.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

Dont you hate when your computer acts dumb for no reason!  But I am glad that you are back on. We would have missed you after too long!  Glad to hear that packing is coming along slowly but surely....

Have a great day!


Tia

Anonymous said...

New furniture.....how fun!! I'm so glad you MIL is doing better......will she be slowed down for long? I'm glad you got your PC fixed...Internet problems are the worst and so frustrating.....plus the fact that it fixed itself is evern better :)
Hmmmmm, how was the phone sex? :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Nightmare Before Christmas is Wendy's all time favorite movie (I know, believe me I know) and I was going to surprise her with going on Halloween night - not worth it huh?  We only have one showing here, and of course it is Halloween night which would honestly be a pain in the butt to go to, but I was going to do it thinking it would be awesome.  But if it is no big deal, I would rather not have to wash the egg off my house for not being here to give out candy to the late comers, lol.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Seems things are finally coming together in your new home... glad to hear that..
Glad to hear your Mother in law is doing better..
MaryAlice