Friday, October 27, 2006

Infomercials, purchases, weigh in

This has been a quick week for me.  Since I've started back into the exercising I am sleeping much better at night.  I am waking every morning ahead of my alarm clock and ready to start the day.  That is really nice after the weeks I had where I felt like I was dragging myself out of bed.

   Which brings me to my infomercial comment.  I was up this morning at 5:00 am. Very early.. with very few shows to choose from.  I watched some of the early news and then I was flipping through the channels.  I actually enjoy watching some informercials.  The one that caught my eye this morning is an exercise one for "The Bean".   This is a bean shaped blow-up ball that is meant to give you more stability than the round ball.  There are all sorts of different ways to use it, just like the round ball, but this one allows you to worry less about sliding off the ball and allows you to really concentrate on the exercise. At least that is the theory.  In about two weeks, I'll let you know how the reality is.. LOL   They got me..  I was so impressed, I ordered it.  Now.. I am not advertising for them.  I just included the pic so you could see what swayed me today.  And I promise that when I get it in, I will give a full report about my usage of it.  Honestly, I'm kind of hoping that the kids will get into it as well.  And it looks like something I could do in the evenings while watching my TV.  

And as long as I'm discussing purchases, I also ordered some Gnu fiber bars that Hungry Girl has been raving about.  These bars have 12 grams of fiber in each one AND they are only 2 pts in the WW world. So I ordered some of them to try and see how I like them.  Making sure that I am hitting my fiber goals each day has really helped with my appetite.  I'm hoping these will be as good as the reviews claim.

I also ordered more of the Vitalicious muffin tops.  I don't care for the chocolate flavors, they are very dry in my opinion, but I love the bran flavors.  I eat one of those each morning as part of my breakfast.  I really like the apple-berry bran.

Oh, yeah.. last but not least.. I am down this week.  Since the last time I posted a weight here, I have lost .7 pounds.  But last Friday I was up 1.7 pounds.  So.. really.. that means this week I lost 2.4 lbs.   LOL.. all this to say that I am down to 217 lbs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Estela!  I have my ball that just sits in my corner...maybe I need to bust that thing out and do some crunches on it...

Tia

Anonymous said...

Way to go Estela!!!!  You really are doing great!  I should pay more attention to my fiber too...I'll work on it.

I was always one of those that said anyone that watched infomercials were braindead...of course I've eaten those words several times.  You can find all kinds of stuff watching them.  Some of them are so funny though and I laugh the whole way through.  Let us know how the bean thing is and if you find it better than a ball.  I use a stability ball and I really like it, but I have lower back issues and it puts a strain on my back.

Keep it up ya big loser...lol..lol..
Hugs, Angie

Anonymous said...

WTG on the loss.  I'll have to check out those bars at Hungry Girl.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the loss, Estela, that's great!!  I've seen those beans before and have been pretty curious about them, so you'll definitely have to make an update and let us all know how it works!  I'm a sucker for infomercials sometimes...it's terrible!  Let us know how the Gnu bars  are, too!!  Gee, hope you don't feel like a guinea pig over there!  lol...

love ya!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Great job on the loss.....  You are so funny, I watch infamercial too.  I havre to stay away from them....  I seem to buy too much...LOL  I got the firm... I have used it once, and never touched it since.  I also have the six week body make over.  I have studied the whole program, and there is no doubt that it will work if you work it.....  It is just so much cooking   when I started it, I didn't have enough time to do all the cooking....  The do suggest that you take one day a week and cook your food for the whole week...  I should probablly try it again for a few weeks......  MaryAlice