Thursday, October 19, 2006

Giving Credit where Credit is Due

If you take a look at my sidebar, you'll see a lot of new listings for journals.  Some of these gals I've been reading for  a while, but just have been too lazy to get them properly annotated onto my sidebar.  Some are new journals that I've begun reading the last few weeks.  I always get something from each of the journals I read.  Inspiration, a laugh, a tear.... these folks write some great stuff.. so if you get a chance... try checking a few of them out.

I used to have others listed there that I enjoyed at one time or another.  But a lot of authors elected to go private and once I get that notice that I have to ask "permission" to continue reading... I delete the link and move on.  My thought on private journals has always been they are private for a reason.  So I don't bother to ever ask to be put on the "can I read" list. 

I belong to a great weight loss support group at yahoogroups.  It is a bunch of really crazy and loving women collectively known as the "fat chics".  This group was created through the thought processes of  the list owners, Kelli and Stacy. Should you feel you are in need of a great, zany group of friends that you can share every joy and every woe with.. please do yourself a favor and give the fat chics a try: FatChicsKeepnItReal : 2 Fat Chic's Keep'n it Real. All the gals there have been such a great source of support, inspiration, praise, ideas, etc, etc, etc.    it's nice to have such fun company along the way.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your right on Estela...I think we have a great group of gals!  And you're right, once journals go private, I don't bother with them anymore either....Angie

Anonymous said...

Awwww I lost touch with Lisa so long ago!  It was great to see her link but when I went it was all old <sigh> is she still alive and kick'n in JLand somewhere?  If so please tell her that I said hi and that I miss her.
And thank you for the kudos and shout out about our group.  They all rock, don't they?
Thanks Estela.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Hey Estela...  There are definitely some wonderful women in the group...
Sorry I didn't make the list, but I love ya anyway  {{{{wink wink}}}}
MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

I clean up my list 2-3 times a year.  If people are no longer writing, I delete the link and I'm always finding new journals to read.  If they go private and invite me, great.  Thanx for letting me make the list.
Hugs,
Dana