Sunday, October 8, 2006

Challenge, Aftermath, Sunday and my kitchen

At the end of our first week of the "Biggest Loser Fat Chic Style" Challenge, our group of 27 girls have lost a total of 63 pounds.  Now that is some slammin' results. :)  I think we were all super motivated to make this week count for our teams (we are broken down into teams of two) and for ourselves.

Friday mornings are our weigh-ins and I have to be honest and say that Friday evening, knowing that I didn't have to weigh in again for a week, I allowed my kids to convince me to buy Arby's for dinner.  Now. .. I did go easy.. and I ordered the kids jr. roast beef meal.  It's not as bad as any of the normal adult portions and it always fills me up.  So that is my big splurge for this week.

Today, I woke up ready to do some serious work in our house.  We are mostly out of boxes, but we also still have several waiting to be undone.

Yesterday Kim and I went shopping for some things that were needed here.  Like curtain rods and curtain hooks, I was hoping to find two bookcases, but still coming up without anything I like there. 

So today, so far.. I've got the kitchen completely in order.  I think there are still two boxes in Kendra's room that belong in the kitchen, but for all practical purposes, it's done.  The counters are cleaned of clutter, the daily small electrics are placed where they make sense and all the rest of the electrics have been delegated to cabinets under the counter.  It looks great.

I also took advantage today and caught up all my laundry.  I know it wont' stay done.. until I convince those kids to run around naked... you know there will be a new load by the end of the day. LOL .  Still.. it's  nice to be caught up.

This coming week is going to be a hectic one. I have to be at the school tomorrow for Parent/Teacher conferences. Tuesday I have to do my grocery shopping and Wednesday Kendra and I head back up to WRAMC.  This time I'm packing a lunch with snacks to keep us out of the high fat areas.  My team came in 6th this past week.. and I'm hoping to do my part to help us bump that up a bit.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Big congrats to all of you girls.  That's impressive!
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting things settled.  This has not been a great week for me and TOM is right around the corner.  The scale is saying so!  I'm afraid this week will not be pretty.
Madison