Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Schedules, family dates, and hating being out of the loop.

I have no idea what I am doing up so late tonight.  But before I finally head to bed I wanted to dump some of the mind numbing thoughts that have been going through my head.  The pics above are Kendra's proofs from her senior portraits.  We ordered the second pic.

Kendra's first surgery is tentatively scheduled for November 7. I should get confirmation of that in the next couple of days.  That is a good day because she doesn't have school that day.  And Friday of that week is also a day off for her school.  So.. she can probably get away with missing the two days between Tuesday and Friday without too much repercussion.  Once I have a firm date from the doc's office, I will contact all of Kendra's teachers and see about getting her assignments for those two days.

So.. Kendra has a new boyfriend.  He seems like a nice enough kid.  Kendra arranged a family "date" with him last weekend so that I could have a chance to get to know him better. We all went to the movies (Employee of the Month) and then did a little shopping and had dinner afterwards.  Adam has a job, has a younger brother and two older siblings and has no intention of going to college. He is originally from England and intends to return there after graduation. I already can tell he's not going to be around for long (with respect to dating Kendra).  He was however very respectful and answered all my prying questions.

Apparently however, there is trouble in paradise since this past Saturday.  Kim mentioned in passing that Kendra was thinking about breaking up with Adam because he didn't get the Homecoming dance tickets  And because of something else that happened.  Of course I want to know what.. but Kim won't betray her sister's trust and give me all the details.. and Kendra is not biting at all the bait I'm throwing out there to get the rest of the story.  <sigh>  I hate not being in the loop!!!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful...  A family date... what a cool idea.. I didn't have to worry about that, I had the boy..LOL...  but he really wasn't into the dating thing..  MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

I SO know what you mean about hating being out of the loop.  You know how the kids all have MySpace and FaceBook on the net?  Well our oldest boy who is "pre" engaged and away at college must have gotten into a huge fight with his girlfriend because my son Joey shows me that last week she wrote in her profiles "SINGLE and deserve so much better then this!"  Well our Bobby is VERY private and I knew I couldn't just call and ask - but I did text his cell phone and ask "is everything ok?  Call if you need me." - well he KNEW Mom was being nosey, lol, and he clammed up but she instantly changed her profile with "I LOVE MY BOBBY", lol.  Of course I am a Momma lion who is furious that she may have hurt my cub and now feel a little differently about her, LOL, which I know is silly but I can't help it.
So fill us in if you get the scoop about Kendra and I'll do the same if I find out about Bobby. <G>
Stacy
P.S I don't know what the heck I am doing up so late either!!  HELP this is the danger hour with eating!!  

Anonymous said...

I always hate being out of the loop!  <sigh>
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

I have 2 teenage sons.........needless to say, I am always left out of the loop, but they include hubby......... must ba a man thing!!
Madison