Friday, October 13, 2006

A Surprising Weigh In

 

 

Today is the end of the second week of the "Biggest Loser Fat Chic Style" challenge.  I anticipated a small loss.  It's been a rough week for me on the diet front.  I've probably been about 60% on plan.. and 40% flying by the seat of my pants.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.   My scale today said 217.7.  I was so schocked that I had to get up and down on it four times before I would believe that was my weigh in.  I even moved the scale to two different locations to be sure I was seeing what I was seeing.  OUTSTANDING!   That is a 3.1 lb loss since last Friday.

Okay.. so.. just to backtrack a little.  After the disastrous eating that happened last week at WRAMC, I wanted to go a bit more prepared this past Wednesday when we were there.  I packed a lunch box. :)  I woke up and had breakfast at 2:40 AM.  That consisted of a Slim Fast shake and some fiber muffins.  Then in my lunch box I packed a Kashi granola bar, a Kashi Cookie, My SBD chicken wraps, plus a Quaker Granola Bar.  My plan was to snack at 6:00 AM, have the chicken wraps at 9:00 AM, and then visit the cafeteria at noon, but have just a really big salad.  Then I had two more snacks available to me if we went much longer than that.  Finally.. I planned on having Mcdonalds Happy Meal on the way home...Kendra would be hungry and the happy meal for me is a low calorie treat.

Anyway.. we did not get stuck at WRAMC as long this time, we were back on the road heading home by noon.  I did not get the chance to eat anything but the first snack.  The waiting rooms were too crowded to feel I could just pull out my own lunch.. plus things were happening so fast I was never in one waiting room long enough.  So, we did do McDonald's for lunch on the way home and I ordered exactly what I planned to order. Then once we arrived home I was able to go back to my regular food plans.

I will definitely do this sort of planning in the future for our trips to WRAMC... it makes it a lot easier to make good choices when you are prepared.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good choices Estela....  This is aweswome... MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

Planning is the key.  Congrats on the WL Estella!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Great loss..

Hugs,
Stephanie