Thursday, October 26, 2006

Namaste

Discovery Fitness MatKimberly and I started Yoga together today.  We had some fun.  She is way better at it than I am, moving from pose to pose with quite a bit a grace.  Where she needs work is in the flexibility, but that will come with time.

YogaI, on the other hand, slowly modify from move to move because of my current out of shape body.  My stomach is majorly in the way for a lot of the poses, to say nothing of my ability to support my own weight on just my hands.. LOL.  But this too, will come with time.

This week has been great on the exercise for me.  I missed Monday, but I've done 30 min. WATP tapes every morning since.  And yesterday and today I also did something in the afternoon. 

The food is slowly coming on line.  I always have to do some adjusting when I start working out.  And it NEVER helps if I allow myself to get too hungry before I cook. The big plus this week is that after a shaky start with my water, I am getting that up where it needs to be. 

Last week, my water consumption fell way down.  I know what the problem was and I've eliminated it.  I had purchased some diet doctor pepper when it was on sale, and I was drinking two cans a day.... that is just not good.  So.. I have finished it off and I am not buying anymore for in the house! Too easy to get into the very bad habit of too much soda.. and by the way.. it did slow down my weight loss for last week, BIG TIME!!  So it is out of here.. LOL

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very neat about the yoga, way to go!  I got the "yoga booty ballet" series, and I haven't gotten into it as much as I'd like, but I'm going to start it and MEAN IT tomorrow morning...lol... You reminded me that I liked it when I did it before... And yes, keep the soda out of the house! Especially if it's something you like...
Sounds like you're doing a really good job with keeping your activity level up...that's great for you!!  :)

Love ya,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Once you get going with the Yoga, tell he how you liked it.  That is always something I have always wanted to try. I read in the paper that there was a free intro yoga class being held this week, but it was all week, and with everything that I have now, it was just to much to try to add in my schedule.  Great going with the exercise, and the water. Keep it up!
madison

Anonymous said...

I want to exercise and you just reminded me that I have a Yoga tape downstairs.  When my father gets home I am going to give him my niece and break it out!  Besides I promised myself that I would attempt to do something today since I didnt work out yesterday, well I did but I dont know if that counts :O)  Thanks for the remindar

Love ya,

Tia