Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tagged, and new furniture

There I was, minding my own business, catching up on journals... and what do I discover but that I had been tagged!  OY!  Well......since I am always a good sport and team player... I guess I will do this part quickly and then move on to my stuff.

1.      Grab the nearest book. If you are currently reading something, that'll be fine too.

2.      Open the book to page 123.

3.      Find the fifth sentence.

4.      Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog along with these  instructions.

5.      Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet I know that is what you were thinking!

6.  Tag 5 people

Velocity by Dean Koontz (I've been on a Koontz kick lately)

     Eventually the pain in his forehead substantially subsided.

     He went to his fishing gear in the garage.  From his angler's kit, he retrieved needle-nose pliers with a wire-cutting edge.

     In the house again, after locking the back door, he went to the bathroom, where he examined his face in the mirror.

 

And now for the tagging:

1. MaryAlice

2. Madison

3. Linda Pooh

4. Sandi

5. Stephanie

I tried not to duplicate... and I realize that some of you might not have time to play.. but hey if you get the chance.. that would be cool.

 

On Tuesday this week I picked the girls up from school. It was raining and they text'd me to please save them from the bus ride. I was in a nice mood that day. :)  Plus, it gave me the chance to take them by the furniture store to look at bedroom furniture.  They shared a room in Germany, so we had them in bunkbeds there. And the dresser, etc they had was falling apart.  We got rid of all that in Germany. They both need new dressers, desks and bedside tables for their rooms.  This was my chance to have them look.

Kimberly found a really nice set in Cherry. The bed is a sleigh bed style.  She chose a dresser and a bedside table.  She really liked the bed frame too, but this didn't come in a full size... so I'm going to have to find that elsewhere, but to be honest.. what we need right now is the dresser for her clothes.  So.. I purchased the pieces she wanted and they will be delivering them on Saturday morning. I'm really excited.  That will finally make it two bedrooms that are functional. Kim will still need a desk at some point, as well as the bed frame, but those we can find.

Now.. I just need Kendra to find something that she likes. :)

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madison!!  That is someone else on the MIA list.  Do you know if she is ok?  Glad you played along, believe me I have run out of people to TAG who don't want to beat me with a large stick for doing so, lol.  You are a good sport, thank you.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Gee thanx Estela...  I am going to try by best not to retag someone, but I don't know who has been tagged and who hasn't....  No I really feel special...  LOL
MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

ok, I did my part....LOL  here is the link..  MaryAlice
http://journals.aol.com/cottoncandi12306/ThisiswhoIam/entries/2006/10/20/tagged..-who-would-have-known../1704

Anonymous said...

Ok, here's my link...  http://journalsaol.com/Craryville7/TheNewMe/  Now... hopefully I won't tag someone who has already been tagged, lol.
Madison