Wednesday, November 8, 2006

End of Day Entry

Spent a good portion of the afternoon with Kendra at the hospital.  She is doing well, but was running a fever this morning. Dr. Cartwright wants to keep her there until at least Friday morning to be sure they have her on the right antibiotic (we are waiting for a C & S result). 

As things stand right now, she should come home on Friday (crossing fingers).  She probably won't be ready to go back to school for at least another week after that. 

I contacted the "pupil services" at the district offices to see about a home tutor for the time she will be home, but unable to attend school.  I was told that she needs to miss 15 days before she is "eligible" for home tutoring....  WHAT THE F<<<???   Seems to me by the time anyone "qualifies" they are going to be back in school before it is even worth having the tutor.  WHATEVER!!  I'm going to send off some e-mails to Kendra's teachers in the morning, letting them know what is going on.  I will also be stopping by the school on Monday with her note from the doctor and I guess maybe I can get more guidance on her lessons at that point.

Now.. let's talk about me.  I tried to go up to the hospital prepared for the day with snacks and drinks to meet my dietary goals (avoid fatty foods).  I did alright.  I found it hard to focus and I did have lunch in the cafeteria yesterday.  But this morning on the scale I had not gained anything .

This morning, I woke up with enough time to do my workout.  I am starting a 12 week "Project:You" program with Kathy Smith.  So.. today was day 1 on the workout.  I made it through all the moves and I think the exercise really helped my mood and my stamina today.  But I think I'm going to be sore in the morning. 

I felt great all day, but to be honest.. I've been feeling some soreness in my chest and arms (today was upper body/abs strength training) and also in my abs since I've been home.  I think some motrin and a large glass of water before I go to bed is in order. 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just don't understand the school system at all these days.  I would think they would want to to stay as current and up to date as possible.  Hopefully you'll find more out about that.  Go give em hell Estela!!

Yay you on the new program!  I understand about being sore but that comes with the territory.  As you get more fit the less you'll feel the soreness!  The good news that some soreness means you're hitting the muscles that you're trying to!!!  

Keep us posted on everything going on!
Hugs, Angie