Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tasted Crow lately?

Homeowners Association OKs Peace Wreath - AOL News

Mary, from the journal Just Mary brought to my attention this morning that the HOA board backed down on their demand that the Peace Wreath be brought down.

I am pleased to hear that there was so much positive response to this situation that the board reversed it's decision.

As a spouse of a military member, I'm gonna let you all in on a little secret.  We pray for peace all the time.  Since 1985 our Christmas cards have always centered on the theme of "Peace."  Being in the military does not mean that we don't want peace.  It merely means that he believes strongly enough in what this country stands for that he is willing to defend it....and you... and me.  He does what he does for us.  How in all of that, can a wish for peace be seen as an "anti-military" message?  It's most definitely an anti-war message because the opposite of war is peace. But where the military men and women are concerned, they have my support.... and my wishes for peace. 'nough said.

And Thanks Mary.. for sending me the note alerting me to the new article :)   YOU ROCK!

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that one!!  I had wondered what happened with that, I hadn't seen anything else on it...that was just about one of the most ridiculous things I'd ever heard of!  I couldn't believe people would get their panties so bunched up at the thought of "peace"... It's crazy!  Glad the board backed down! :)

Jen