Saturday, November 11, 2006

Kendra

We brought Kendra home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Kim went with me to help with the myriad of things that end up collecting around you while you are hospitalized.  Paul had sent flowers to Kendra while she was there as well as the things that I brought up to entertain her while she was stationary.

She is still doing well, but when I checked on her this morning there was some blood in her urine which alarmed me since it had been pretty clear the last day or so in the hospital.  I called up to the hospital and left a message for the doctors.  Doctor Gordon, one of the residents working with Dr. Cartwright called me back.   He said that with all the movement yesterday it would be totally expected to see some blood in the urine.  He said it could actually get pretty red before it was a big concern.  (not making the mom feel better, exactly, but I see his point).   She is still fever free and the pain medication they have her on is certainly doing it's job.  

So..  we are scheduled for x-rays on Wednesday and a revisit with her surgeon to see how things are progressing.  Kendra can shower, but no soaking baths until then.  I want to see if I can get her into my shower later today (my shower is just a stall so no need to lift the leg too high to get into it. ... plus I have the hand held shower head.

Kim and Mac are being really considerate of their sister (which coming from Mac is a great thing).  I need to run off today and get food in the house.  Mac and Kim have been doing a great job taking care of themselves, but it's time that all three get a bit of "momma loving" in the form of real meals that have been cooked at home.

No comments: