Saturday, November 11, 2006

Journal Entries in my head

So This week I have spent 4 hours each day in my car, driving back and forth to Walter Reed.  During some of this time, I have composed journal entries in my head.   Of course, the chances that I will remember them once I get home and can actually record them to my journal are slim. 

This morning I am pondering my weight loss and exercise program.  First off.. I did show a loss again this week.  My current weight is 217. 9.   But this is just the same few pounds that I've been gaining and losing for the last two months.  I try and plan and work my program, but somedays it's just so much easier to "fly by the seat of my pants" and grab fast food on the way home.  Especially this week, when I've spent more waking hours away from home than usual.

Earlier this week I started a new workout program.  I think that the exercise REALLY helped my mood during Kendra's hospitalization.  I think it also helped me stay alert during the day and sleep better at night.  But in all honesty, I think that this new program is just a step higher than I am ready for right now.  I did the program two days in a row.  During the second day, there came a point when my arm muscles were so fatigued that I couldn't even lift my arms above my head.  And I felt pain, not soreness, but pain while I had to deal with the day to day stuff.

I just don't think that an exercise plan should cause pain. I am going to back down a bit because clearly I need to bring my stamina and strength up a bit before continuing with this particular program.

My "bean" arrived on Thursday this week.  I previewed the workout tape this morning and I think that I am going to use this as the strength training part of my program.  I think that for the aerobics portion I am going back to Leslie Sasone's WATP.  I am going to take measurements tomorrow and begin the new program then as well.  I will give it a week and we'll see how I'm progressing on that.

Now that the daily commute is finished for now... I'm going to concentrate on the goal of cooking at home each night and leave the fast food alone.  Goodness knows I'll save a lot of money along with the calorie save as well.  The trick here is to make sure that (at least initially) the meals that I plan are quick to fix. I also need to set a time in which I begin making dinner and stick to it.  If I know that I'm supposed to start dinner at a certain time each day, well.. I'd like to think that the habit would become automatic after a month or so.

I will leave one day each week for a meal out as a break from the cooking, but I think I need to make that day one of the weekend days when we are most likely to go out and enjoy the day anyway.

So.. that's my plan for this next week.  Time to get things under control again and start making those great habits.

Strength

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, they say no pain no gain....LOL..  I don't think it should hurt so bad that you can't move, but I do know the more you do it the easier it will get...  Now if I could only get my fat ass moving...LOL
MaryAlice