Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Confessions of a failed dieter

Okay...  I really didn't do that bad on my diet today.  My confession comes from the fact that I was supposed to start a three day metabolism boosting diet plan today (actually, earlier this week... but at this point .. today).

The wake up drink of water and lemon juice was no problem.

Breakfast of eggs and oatmeal... was adjusted a bit to allow for Vitalicious muffin top instead of the oatmeal.

Lunch was a salad made with 1/2 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar.  Okay.. screeching halt right there.   I made it.  I ate it.  I refuse to ever eat it again.  I hate apple cider vinegar.

I was supposed to have a concoction of apple cider vinegar and water mixed together before dinner.  NOPE.. that didn't happen.. I switched to lemon and water again.

And I was supposed to have fish, etc for dinner.   I had pasta.  Ah well.. here's what I've come to realize.

I am better off eating my normal "dieting" food and staying away from plans that insist I consume stuff that I typically wouldn't. Clearly, that way lies madness.

The three day metabolism boosting diet is officially kicked to the curb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love you Estela..that sounds like my Dad's diets, he adjusts all kinds of things for what he is suppose to be eating, but I am glad that you are finding out what works and doesn't work for you.  That is what it is all about!  

much love,

tia

Anonymous said...

I think you have to eat what you enjoy eating.  Obviously this didn't work for you.  I think you will do much better when you stick to things that you enjoy and just make them as healthy as possible.  I totally understand not being able to stomach some of the stuff.  I was going to try it until I read apple cider vinegar...lol..lol..  Hang in there Estela and get back to basics, that's a lifestyle change that will stick and won't make you sick!!!
Hugs, Angie