Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Days of Anonymity are gone

I received a call today from the spouse of the class leader of the class ahead of Paul's class.  Say that three times fast! LOL.  Okay.. at any given time there are only two class groups in session at the NTPS.  The previous "senior" class graduated in December and those folks are now off to their next assignment. Paul's class which starts Feb 5 will be the "junior" class and will go through December of this year.  The  "new" senior class kind of paves the way for all of us newbies in the junior class.

I've been enjoying the family focused time we've been having, but I guess that is about to end.  Apparently the Navy very much enjoys having the spouses involved in what's going on.  So.. I have my first "getting to know you" function tomorrow.  And already I have two dates on my calendar in February for "events" that my attendance is requested.

I have mixed feelings on this matter. On the one side, I do appreciate the opportunity to meet other spouses and the chance to get involved.  On the other, I kind of like just piddling around on my own schedule without any "responsibilities" to weigh me down. I know that I can be as involved or uninvolved as I'd like.. but I also know how easily I say "yes" to certain things. It's my way of being supportive towards Paul.


 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, say it three times fast,,, NOT heck I had a hard time reading it 1 time slow, lol, have a great day, and remember you have the right so just say no,
tak care,
Missy  

Anonymous said...

In saying yes....just remember how to say "no" without guilt, and it will all be a good thing. :) Good luck....

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I agree with linda pooh on this one honey just take on as much as you can handle
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Learning to say "no" is a very hard thing, I am still learning how to do this.Only you know how much you are willing to take on.  If you say no and start to feel guilty about it, just remind yourself why you said no.
Madison

Anonymous said...

So how did it go?  Did they kidnap you and not let you come home?  If you don't post over the weekend I am going to think they got you drunk and put you in uniform and sent you off to war! <g>
Hey how's the vertigo?
Stacy