Sunday, January 7, 2007

For Fun- Food Survey

Food survey -  I picked this up at Heather's journal.  Something new in the way of "getting to know me" and so here's my answers.  Thanks Heather! (and Lynn, whom Heather snagged it from)

1.  What is the one kitchen gadget you couldn't live without?  My bread machine

2.  What is your favourite snack food of choice?  Chocolate

3.  What is the last meal you cooked?  Speghetti with bread sticks

4.  Who is your favorite television chef?  It's a toss up between Rachel Ray and the guy from Good Eats

5.  Who is the best cook in your family?  Everyone has a speciality. Kendra makes the best brownies EVER! Paul is our chili chef (I wouldn't eat the stuff before I tasted his). Kim is our pasta whiz... and Mac.. well, we love Mac. :) 

6.  Have you ever had any cooking disasters?  Growing up, my mother did not buy oil, so every time I made brownies from scratch I would have to melt the shortening to use it. One time I put the eggs in before the shortening cooled too much and I had cooked eggs in my brownies.

7.   If you were on death row and had to pick a last meal ever, what would it be?  Tough choice, but I would want a grilled chicken breast with a honey mustard sauce, a small side of spinach tortellini, tomato and basil bruschetta and for dessert, a chocolate lava cake.

8.  Chinese or Indian and why?  Of these two, I would pick Chinese because the few Indian dishes I know are a bit too spicy for my liking.

9.  Would you consider yourself to be a glutton?  If I'm not careful, yes.

10.  What would you never ever eat in a million years?  Any sort of bug.

12.  Have you ever made a recipe you saw on the telly?  no, but I've made plenty from magazines like Cooking Light

13.  What was the last thing you ate?  Grilled chicken with a honey mustard sauce,  grilled shrimp and a baked potato

14.  What food would you like to share most with someone you love?  Sweet Vermouth Chicken, honey glazed Carrots, chili lime shrimp skewers, yeast rolls and a twice baked potato.And maybe a bottle of a German Auslese.

15.  Have you ever cooked over an open fire?  Having been a girl scout and the mother of two girl scouts, I have learned to cook over an open fire.

16.  What would you consider to be a romantic dinner?  One in which there are few distractions. "Romantic" these days usually means having the house to ourselves, or being able to get out alone. As Heather said.. it's the company that makes it romantic.

17.   Best all timemeal you have ever eaten and why?  I think it would actually be easier to name a meal that was the worst ever. :) 

18.  Sweet or Salty?  Sweet

19.  What is your signature dish?  I think my most successful dishes are the ones that people ask me to make for them again.  So... Lasagne would be the absolute signature dish, with chocolate chip cookies being a close second.   But I think I make the Sweet Vermouth Chicken the best.  

20.  Four course dinner or finger food buffet?  In either case, it would depend on what's being served.  But generally speaking.. I like buffets.. so many choices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, when you get back to the States I MUST try your Sweet Vermouth Chicken, it sounds absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! You are a good girl to pick grilled chicken as your last meal....I'd go for a double batch of Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper with a side of potato chips & dip!! LOLOLOLOL!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~