Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Final Check in for the day

I broke my walk into three parts today.  I did 2 miles early this morning before I woke the girls to get ready for school.  I did 1 mile and the strength training after my morning session with Mac.  And finally I walked a mile this afternoon with Kim (her suggestion) about an hour after she got home from school.

While living in Germany one of my favorite restaurants was an Italian one, owned by Italians in our sleepy little town of Bad Windsheim.  Awesome good food there.  My favorite dish was a spinach tortellini.  The sauce was a very creamy, very green spinach sauce and I worried that I would not be able to find it here in the states.  But happily I found several different recipes on the internet.  I tried one, which was good...but I was concerned that it might be too high calorie, so I set about to make it lighter.

Then I lost that recipe and had to hunt down a new one.  This one is better than the first.. and I think I did manage to cut a lot of fat and calories out of it. Best part is, is that it's a fast meal (for me)... I can have it all whipped up and ready to eat in about 15 minutes. 

I will share the recipe tomorrow... for now I'm going to bed.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool can't wait for that recipe,

good night, Missy