Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Explaining my "smack down" of my honey

First of all.. you all are too nice (to him) for words.  LOL...  I feel as though I have to explain my reasoning just a bit here for making honey get himself a compact rental car.

Our master bedroom is huge.. or at least it was until we started putting in the furniture.  My plans for that bedroom included being able to set up my sewing machine in one corner.  When we first arrived here, Paul bought a very small, very inexpensive computer desk for our room in order to put my computer back up.   I assumed that he would use this desk for his study desk when he came back here for school. 

Well... once he was home for good and started making his plans for his "study area" which is in our bedroom also ( I will admit that he does need to be able to sequester himself away from the rest of us), my sewing corner got kicked to the curb.  He wanted a bigger desk.. I mean.. this is a seriously bigger desk... and he wanted two book cases for his books.  Plus a new laser printer for the reports he was going to have to do for this class.  And.. he insisted on getting all this stuff BEFORE he left to go to Pennsylvania so that he could have it all set up and ready to go when he gets back. (He's also wanting to get an easy chair for the bedroom, so he doesnt have to do all his reading in the desk chair).

Now.. I do realize that the timing for all this makes sense.  But in the meantime Kendra is still living out of boxes because he wants to pay cash for her furniture rather than use credit.  And I understand that too.  This poor girl has even given up on the headboard and on the bedside table.. all she wants at this point is the dresser and the mirror.  And she's still waiting for it.

I think that man can just curl up his legs and live with the compact car. LOL...

No comments: