Saturday, January 6, 2007

REGRETS

When you ponder the regrets in your life, do they paralyze you or galvanize you? In 2007, I hope to be galvanized.

I have my 25th wedding anniversary coming up in May.  I would love to be back into my wedding dress by that date, or at least be much closer to it than I am now.

Kendra graduates from high school this June.  I'd like to be smaller for that too.

Usually if I regret anything, I regret the way I have responded to something.  Like my over the top performance on Sunday with respect to Kendra's change in flight plans.  I often regret that I didn't do something in a more timely basis, like calling family to see how things are going.

If I were going to make one resolution this year, I think it would be that I take the Serenity prayer to heart.  That I count to 10 before I respond to an unpleasant situation.  That I learn to set my phaser to "stun" instead of "kill".  Or better yet, that I learn to just relax enough to recognize that not everyone is as perfect as I am, and cut them a break.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use that prayer alot to get me thru my struggles honey you are blessed if you live by that .
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Estela when you figure out how to set your phaser from "Kill" to "Stun" can you let me in on how you did it? ;o)

Kelli

Anonymous said...

I need to think more like this, Missy  

Anonymous said...

{{{Estella}}} I know how you feel, I am SO PISSED OFF at myself for setting myself back 25 pounds, I'm not sure "regret" even covers it. But you are so right.......we need to incorporate to the Serenity Prayer into our lives more often. Do you know there is more to that prayer than the one everyone quotes? When I found that out, I was stunned....all those years and I never knew that!!! LOL! The entire things reads like this:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Isn't that awesome? I so admire you Estella and I will try to do better this year with my reactions to things and letting things go. Thank you for your inspiration!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~