Friday, January 5, 2007

The Numbers don't lie

It's a New Year... even if it is a few days old.  And it's time for the yearly assessment of where I am and where I want to be.

I have had several weeks of pure "I don't care" and I'm going to be paying the price for that.  This morning my weight was 227.8  I haven't seen my scale that high in years!  I think that was the final smack across the head I needed to get motivated.   So here are the numbers as they apply to me.

Weight: 227.8

Percentage of body fat: 45.9

Fat lbs: 104.5

BMI: 41.7

JCPENNEY SIZE: 22w or 2x

Total inches (from 14 measurements): 322

Exercise is clearly in the future for me, as well as modifications to my eating plan (or actually HAVING an eating plan might be the ticket).

I'm spending this morning working out the plans and I'll post them with my next entry.

My accountability is going to be through bi-weekly weigh ins and measurings.   So my next "official" weigh in will be January 19.

My initial goals for this first two weeks are as follows:

1. No More than 2 meals away from home every 7 days.

2. 30 minutes of exercise at least 5 days a week.

3. Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good plan, good luck, Missy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Just remember to push the water and those pounds will drop off fast.
Madison

Anonymous said...

you always have to take that first step and now you have all you have to do is keep steppin you can do this glad to have you back on plan
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

We all need that slap once in a while to get us focused and on track!  Sounds like you've made a great "doable" plan... Best of luck to you!!  I know you can do this!!  :)

Jen

Anonymous said...

{{{Estella}}}
Don't be too hard on yourself Estella, we've all been dealing with this....I know realiy hit me HARD!!! Remember what I said in my post though, yesterday is past and we can't do a thing about the things we ate then....you are doing the right thing NOW, and that is what counts. You can do this and you will prevail!!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~