Friday, January 26, 2007

I almost blew it

It was a short night last night and a long day today.   I have no one to blame (for the short night) except myself.  I've been reading a book at night before I turn out the light. I was almost done, so I just read through to the end last night.

Anyway.. so I woke up groggy and nonresponsive to the idea of exercise.  I blew it off. I got the girls going, made it through the homeschooling with Mac and then I headed back to bed. 

I was cringing at the thought of the lost hours napping, but I was just not going to be good for anyone if I tried to function on just 4 hours of sleep.

Grabbed a two hour nap, woke up feeling much better.  So I jumped into getting some things done before Paul got home this evening.  I was kind of expecting him around 9 pm, so I figured I could wash and change our sheets, plus do a couple of loads of his laundry, and generally straighten things up.  

Finished up that right around 6:30 pm and decided.. what the heck.. let's go ahead and do our walk and strength training.  I managed to do the three mile walk and was about mid way through the strength/stretch when Paul called to say he was on the base and would be home soon.  He was just double checking to see if there was anything in the house for him to eat (there was).  He walked through the door just as I was finishing the stretches (he was about 90 minutes earlier than expected). 

I'm really glad that I made the time to do the walk. 

This new week I'm going to start concentrating harder on getting the meals on plan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you feel so much better now that you got that out of the way. Its hard to work through the negative thoughts in our mind when it comes to exercise but as we take it one step closer to making it a habit it get easier
Keep up the great work Estela!!!

Tia

Anonymous said...

good for you!!! It seems like a chore to workout sometimes but, when I'm done I'm glad I did it... Hugs~~Carol~~

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work Estela!
Hugs,
Dana