Tuesday, January 10, 2006

24 hours in a day

Here's how it works: List each hour of the day and then a reason why that hour (anytime in the 60 minute block) is significant. If you want to play along then just create a timeline and start remembering. If you do play along please leave a comment here and tell us where to find your list.

12:00AM  New Year's Eve of 1977, Paul and I shared our first kiss, unknowingly locking our futures together.

1:00 AM  Kendra joins the world at 1:28, on September 20, 1988... two weeks after she was expected.

2:00 AM  Last call on many Friday nights at Graham Central Station in AZ

3:00 AM  Was pulled over by the Phoenix Police because they got a call that my car was "behaving suspiciously" in a neighborhood.  We ( I had company) were waiting for the lights to go off at a friend's house so we could TP the house. I was 17.  The police suggested we try using bikes next time (less noticable).

4:00 AM  Kimberly joins the world at 4:32, on September 15, 1991... why do my girls like those early morning hours?

5:00 AM  Early morning breakfasts with my father when I was young.

6:00 AM My alarm goes off every morning at this time, rain, shine, snow.. doesn't matter.. it goes off

7:00 AM   I'm happily waving my kids off to school by 7:30 during the school year

8:00 AM  Time to start my first hour of exercise.

9:00 AM  When we used to homeschool, this was the time we started. I loved homeschooling my kids.  We had such a good time during those years.

10:00 AM The hour my father died, on 17 December, 1991

11:00 AM  The graveside ceremony for my dad on 24 December 1991

12:00 PM  Lunchtime... always...

1:00 PM   Dawson's Creek.. I never miss it (reruns on AFN)

2:00 PM   Our second year in Germany, Mac was the only one in the grade school on our post. The first day he came home at 2:30, I actually wanted to know what he was doing home from school so early.  Turns out the elementary school is released at 2:15. <sigh>  so much for my 8 hours to myself.

3:00 PM Mac joins the world at 3:30pm on February 20, 1993... trust the boy to sleep in late ;)

4:00 PM Kids are arriving home from school during the week.

5:00 PM When Paul is in "garrison", this is usually the hour during which he comes home.

6:00 PM  Paul and I became Husband and Wife at 6:30 on May 29, 1982

7:00 PM  This was the hour I drove Paul to his departure point for his deployment.

8:00 PM  I like to get to the bars before they get smokey, so we'd usually start out about this time, stop for dinner then head to the clubs.

9:00 PM  This is the time we begin the "go to bed" ritual, involves several reminders to brush teeth.

10:00 PM   My quiet time... assuming the kids are in bed

11:00 PM  Lights out!  Good night!

No comments: