Sunday, January 22, 2006

Thank God the fast is over!

  Weigh in this morning was 214.9, so I lost a total of 4.3 lbs.  Not bad, and I'm lower than I was on my last good week of exercise and diet (the combination is really what works best for me.) So all in all, I 'm chalking this one up into the "win" column. 

 Not sure that I'd care to do a liquid fast again anytime soon, but it was an interesting experience and I'm very proud of myself for sticking it through. Believe in Yourself!  There were a couple of times yesterday that I really really really wanted to cave.  Oh.. and I discovered that my stomach can growl REALLY REALLY loud when it doesn't have any food to digest! LOL.Lionhead

So.. the pluses of doing this fast.  1. I didn't have to think about food for 48 hours (at least in terms of "what to fix")  2. the lost pounds.   3. There was a certain feeling of control over the whole thing. 4. successfully completing the weekend. 5. I feel that this has given me a bit more control over my cravings, but I think the proof will be in this next week of eating.

I did seem to have an abundance of energy on Saturday (could have been the left over glycogen in my muscles) so I did a lot of exercising.  But Sunday I felt tired, not fatigued, but it was nice to be able to rest through out the day and just take it easy.  I didn't make it to the grocery store yesterday, but it's on my list for either today or tomorrow.

So, this morning I got up at 520 and once I'd done my usual morning routine, I did a half hour walk and kick program.  After my workout I drank 16 ounces of water and ate two clementines, plus took my iron supplement.  I'm trying to slowly ease back into eating.  I will sit down for breakfast at 8:30, but between now and then, I hope to get another workout in.  All in All.. a successful weekend and a good beginning for this week.  Let the happy dance begin! 

Hamster

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the loss and sticking to the fast  i may have to try this but i swear i don't know where you find the energy to do all those workouts  donna

Anonymous said...

WTG on the WL!  Don't know if I could stick with a liquid fast myself.  You did good!