Friday, January 6, 2006

Reviewing the Day

My plans for the day went askew this morning when I received a call from the H. S. nurse regarding my oldest daughter.  Okay.. I admit it.. for a couple of minutes I acted like a spoiled brat.  I was just getting ready to start my workout with plans to clean the bathrooms after that and then take my shower.  Needless to say, I was not exactly ready to have to shoot off to the school ( a 45 minute drive) at that moment.  So I asked to speak to my daughter, asked her if she really thought she needed to come home.  Then I told her she'd have at least a 90 minute wait since I needed to shower before I could come get her.

I know, I know.. not exactly bucking for a mom of the year award.. but OMG.. she had to have just gotten off the dang school bus when I got this call.. I mean.. if she felt that freakin' bad this morning, why did she even go to school!!!!    okay.. done venting now.

Anyway.. picked her up and hit the Commissary as long as I was so close to the "big" one (Here where I'm at in Germany I have the "choice" of three commissaries.  the one on our post is about the size of a 7-11, the one at Katterbach where the H.S. is .. is about the size of a small local grocer.. the one in Wuerzburg (about an hour away) is huge).... so did a fast grab and shop (milk, bread, fruit, veggies) and then brought Kendra home.  Called the clinic to see if I could get her in this afternoon.  Luckily, we could get her in at 2pm.   We suspected a UTI, and going a whole weekend without antibiotics could be touchy.  And yes.. it was a UTI. 

Well... anyway..  the food intake today was kind of a "grab with no thought" ordeal.  Ultimately, the damage lies at 1750 calories and no exercise.  I keep telling myself to get up and do a WATP tape.. and I many yet actually do it.. we'll see.

No comments: