Wednesday, January 25, 2006

WHY?

Why do you want to lose weight?

This is the big question you must ask yourself.
And if you don't have an answer, you're dead meat.

Point is, dieting means change.

In particular, it means changing your EATING HABITS.
And this isn't easy.
Because we don't like change.

So, in order to SUCCEED, you need something to help you OVERCOME your resistance to change.

You need an INCENTIVE.

With a good incentive, you can move mountains.
Without an incentive, you can do very little.

So before you go any further, find an incentive.
Find a GOOD REASON or a BIG PERSONAL BENEFIT for losing weight.

I can't find one for you, because only YOU know what turns you on.

Make it as personal and selfish as possible.

Because in my experience, losing weight for vague reasons like 'better health' or even a 'better figure' isn't very effective. We need a specific incentive.

Bar Mitzvahs are good. Weddings are good. So are beach holidays.
Whatever you choose it's gotta be POWERFUL enough to motivate you.

Think about it.

This is tip one from Anne Collins Weight Loss Program.. Find your incentive, the reason (and apparently it has to be specific and inspiring) you want to lose weight.

Hottie

I want to lose weight because I am done having children. Sincehaving kids I carry my excess weight up in my belly, causing me to more than one time be asked if I was pregnant.  I hate that... I hate that more than anything else in the world.  I want to be rid of the quasi-pregnant physique.  I want men to turn and stare because I'm so ravishing. Foxy Lady I want to be at a weight where I can feel like I am attractive and I know that I could get any guy I want if I so desired.  LOL.. this is very selfishly motivated.  It's all about how I feel about what I look like.  the comments I'd prefer to never get again and the comments that I love to get. hottie  I want my kids to be grossed out at the thought that their mom is a "hottie".... LMAO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got the reason down.  I think I need to think more about the why myself.   Donna

Anonymous said...

Great motivational!