Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Rambling thoughts of a dieter's mind

I have 2 subliminal message cds for weight loss that I listen to each morning.  I purchased these from a book club that I belonged to some time ago.  I've had some success with them, but I find that I really can't skip listening to them.. .so I started using them again this week and I play them while I do my morning computer ritual.  If anyone is interested in learning more about subliminal messaging... check out this website. www.brainsync.com

Weigh in: 221.5

Yesterday calories: 1776

Exercise: AM- 2 mile walk (WATP) and 15 min Upper body workout (I want that body series)      PM- 1 mile fast walk

It's that time of month and my cravings for Chocolate are very high.  I tried yesterday to be "good" and have a WW snack, but discovered that my horde of WW snacks have gone moldy.   Will be tossing a lot of stuff out today, but on the plus side (trying to be positive) I will have a lot of space in my cupboard.  These are snacks that I purchased through E-bay months ago.  Silly me.. while i wasn't dieting, I didn't eat them... thinking to "save" them for when I am dieting...but some things will wait for no woman.

I think that today I will plan ahead for my chocolate treat and make up some fat free sugar free chocolate pudding.  YUMMY! 

I did a very short ab workout on Tuesday.  I really didn't think that I'd feel it this much two days later!  Guess it was short but effective.  Always a good thing in my opinion.

Yesterday was laundry day.  We live in a stairwell and have a community laundry room which is shared by 9 families.  When I plan to do laundry, I get up at 5 AM so that I can get my laundry done and out of the way before anyone else gets going.  Our laundry room has 6 washers and dryers and it's in the basement.  Because I didn't do a great amountof laundry over the holidays, I had 12 loads to do.  Lots of walking up and down stairs, lots of folding, lots of walking all over the apartment, first to gather up the dirty clothes, later to put clean clothes on people's beds.  I also ran out all the recyclables.

Germany is very environmental friendly.  They recycle just about everything.  There are special bins placed in the housing areas so that we can participate.  It's easy enough to do and as the saying goes... "when in Rome... "   The way I see it these days, it's one more good excuse to get out and do a bit of walking.

So yesterday I also made up all the beds.  It was a serious hi-cal burn day :)  My girls share a room and have bunkbeds.  That top bunk is one major cardio workout to get it made up!! 

Tonight I simply  MUST cook dinner at home...  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about that time of the month and  the chocolate cravings.  When I used to go through that, I would actually feel like I could kill for a peice of chocolate.. That goodness, the DR fixed that for me in 2000... now I don't go through that any more... well not like i used to.  everyonce in a while b ut nothing like it used to be....  have you ever tried those chocolate chip rice cakes???  They are made by quaker... i don't like the plain rice cakes, but the chocolate chip ones are really good so are those 100 cal chocolate snacks that everyone has been telling me about... try them when those cravings hit... it will help with that need for chocolate
MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

SOUND LIKE YOU ARE DOING PRETTY GOOD.  I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WITH THE TIME OF MONTH  (T.O.M.)  LOL  I WANT STUFF WHEN I AM THERE THAT I NORMALLY WOULDNOT EAT EVEEN IF I WASN'T DIETING  WEIRD?!?!? ANY WAY GOOD LUCK   >>SMOOCHESS<< DONNA   FELLOW CHUBCLUBBER