Monday, January 9, 2006

Goals for this week

I multi-task.  As long as I'm watching a show, I might as well get some things done on the computer.. at least that is my thinking.  So.. it's 1pm in overcast southern Germany (and I can imagine a bit chilly, but I've yet to step out into it) and I have already done two workout sessions and have just finished up my lunch.  This is when I usually veg out in front of the TV and watch Dawson's Creek(reruns on AFN)... but today I want to get this entry in as well... so here I am... multi-tasking.

Yesterday ended up being a very low calorie day.. I only used 933 calories.  But I was never truly hungry, so it's all good from where I sit.  Of course, I spent more of yesterday asleep than I did awake.. and that may be part of the reason I wasnt so hungry all day.

I chose not to do any walking or exercise yesterday. It's good to give your body a rest every so often.. helps to decrease the chance of injury.. in my opinion.

Today, I've already walked 4.5 miles and I've done a 30 minute thigh workout. 

My goal this week is to increase the protein.. Last week's averages (for calories) are as follows:  Fat 33%, Protein 17%, and carbo 47%.  Need to make my averages for this week a little closer to the "ideal" 25, 25, 50.

My other goal for this week is to increase my workouts to two hours a day (not all at once!).  It seems to me that since I don't have a job, I can certainly devote two hours of my day to physical activity.  So.. at this point.. I just have another half hour to fit in sometime today. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl.  You realy seem to be right on point... You keep up the good work
MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

WOW  I WISH I HAD THAT ATTITUDE   I TOO AM A SAHM BUT I NEVER GET IN MORE THAN AN HOUR  I MAY NEED TO TRY THAT! >(::)

Anonymous said...

I think if those Biggest Loser folks can work out five hours a day at freak show fat levels... you could work up to two hours a day. I would just recommend that you make part of it exercise and part of it fun... don't they bike a lot in Germany? Seems like i remember when my ex-husband's uncle was stationed there that he and his family biked all over the place. Even his really fat wife. And I mean that in the kindest way possible. I would LOVE to have that kind of time... I do on the weekends!

Have a great Tuesday - I guess it almost is, right?
hugs!
heather