Monday, January 9, 2006

My Sister

This summer my sister and I went to San Francisco for three days.  We left the kids home and spent three days trekking all over.  One of the things we did was the Alcatraz Tour.  That was the most interesting time.  The audio tour they have is very detailed and it was kind of cool to walk through and see where some of the more daring events occurred.

We also went to Chinatown and had the most awesome foot massage ever.  I wanted to have that done every day we were there.

The reason I bring up my sister and this trip .. well.. first to explain the picture, second.. my sister and I are going to have a competition for weight loss a la Biggest Loser.  We are going to do it by percentage lost rather than by pounds lost.  Our contest is going to last 16 weeks... from Jan. 16-May 15.  The winner gets to choose the destination of our next "sister" trip and the loser will host some aspect of the trip (like a fancy dinner, or a special tour, or something along those lines).

My sister and her family are coming here to Germany to visit us in late May.. so the contest will be over in time for us to be more relaxed while she's here.  I don't think that we'll be doing the prize then.. I think our sister trip will be happening later in the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool.. that sounds like alot of fun.. good luck.
MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

NOW THAT IS FUN!! I WISH I HAD THIS KIND OF RELATIONSHIP[ WITH MY SISTERS BUT I MAY HAVE TO DO THIS WITH MY BESTFRIEND.  GOOD LUCK  ON THE COMPETITION GO FOR IT GIRL!!!     >>SMOOCHES<<  DONNA