Thursday, January 5, 2006

Well.. it's been 6 days now since my last cigarette.   That aspect of all of this is going well.   Of course, I think part of what is making this successful is that I've cut out one of my "triggers" all week.   Horrid to admit this, but my next door neighbor and I had gotten into the habit of visiting for an hour or so each morning and during that time we'd both smoke at least two cigarettes. We'd meet up again in the afternoon.. and again in the evening.  So.. I've not spent any time with her this week, which is what is horrid.  But I do have plans to pop in and see her later this morning, once my exercise and my chores are done.


Today's Weight: 221.5
+ or - from  yesterday: -.1

Breakfast: Slim Fast Optima  Shake Morning Snack: 1/4 cup dried apples
Lunch: Slim Pocket Philly Cheese steak, 8 cherry tomatoes
Afternoon Snack:  Smart Pop Popcorn- single serving bag Dinner:  meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuit Snack:  fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding with coolwhip lite
Calories Allowed:  1300-1500
Calories Used:  1355
Exercise: AM- 3  mile walk (WATP) and 15 min Abs(I Want that Body series)    PM- 2 mile walk and kick
Did you  Cheat?  Nope, Thursday was a "perfect" day.  If so why? Comments:
Planning ahead AND eating dinner at home definitely saved me a lot of calories .  I am loving that extra walk in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO GIRL !!!!  I AM QUITTING MYSELF AND I FIND THAT I AM OKAY WHEN I AM HERE BY MYSELF BUT AS SOON AS I GO OUT TO OUR LITTLE SPOT OR THE BEST FRIEND COMES TO TOWN I AM RIGHT BACK AT IT.  DON'T FEEL HORRID FOR NOT VISITING.  THIS IS SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO DO FOR YOURSELF. AND WATCHING SOMEONE LIGHT UP IS GONNA BE HARD.  GOOD LUCK ON THE QUITTING AND THE WEIGHT LOSS  >>SMOOCHES<< DONNA

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the smoking... I haven't come to the point in my life when I have the slightest desire to quit...  I just can't even think about it... but you keep up the good work
MaryAlice