Monday, January 9, 2006

Doing the Happy Dance

This is the end of my first week on my new plan.  

Weigh in this morning: 218.3

Pounds lost since last Tuesday: 5.3 

Happy Dance shall commence now!  WOO HOO!  I'm pretty excited about having such a good beginning week.

I think that from here on out however, I'm going back to just weekly weigh ins.. and I guess I'll be shifting them to Mondays, to accomodate my challenge with my sister.

I got an email from her yesterday... if she wins, she's going to Choose Cinncinati for our sister trip (Rock and Roll hall of fame).  Sounds like a fun spot.. I'm not sure where I would pick if I win... I'll have to start thinking about that...  but Mexico kind of comes to mind.. Mexico City, maybe.

All three of my children have been taking Spanish this year at school.  The girls are in year 2 and Mac started year 1.  All three are dropping Spanish for the last semester and moving into other classes.  Kim and Mac are in jr. high, so don't really need the foreign language credit right now.. and Kendra says she will take Spanish again during her senior year (she needs two years of a foreign language).. None of them are having stellar performances this year, so this is a class we can eliminate and help boost the grade point average overall.

I took French in high school.  3 years of it.  My goal was to be an exchange student my senior year.. but that never happened.  Still, it has come in useful with our travels in Europe.  I know enough German to be able to decipher a menu and to buy goods, find train schedules, etc.  I'm functional.   But when I hear French.. my brain just automatically translates it.  And it is amazing how many French people come through this area en vacance.  It is also amazing that 20 + years after high school I can still speak and translate French as well as I do.

Okay.. I'm rambling now.. time for me to go exercise. Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:::::::::::::HAPPY DANCING:::::::::  You go girl, I am dancing with you.... can I count this as my exersize for the day LOL... keep up the good work....
MaryAlice