Monday, January 2, 2006

Setting Reasonable Goals

Part of my New Year's Resolutions is to set Reasonable Goals.  And more concrete ones.  So.. first of all... My three generic goals for 2006 are as follows.

1. Quit Smoking

2. Lose weight

3. Exercise more.

To put these in more concrete terms...  I am quitting cold turkey, and have in fact not had a cigarette in over 35 hours.  I am avoiding my main trigger (my next door neighbor) to smoking for just a bit longer and then I will be back to my normal visiting self.

As far as weight goes, I have an initial goal of losing 20lbs by March 15.  My hubby is due home sometime that week and I want to at least have the ball rolling by then.

For exercise, my goal is to exercise an hour each day at least 5 days a week.

Tomorrow is my starting day (Tuesday).  The kids go back to school in the morning and we can get back into our usual routine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow  i admire anyone for those tough goals. you can do it though. i quit last year and one thing that helped was lots of water.  i like to drink water with lemon juice in it because it flushes out toxins. good luck. linda from chubclub