Sunday, January 8, 2006

Who ever thought I' d show a loss today?

Saturday morning I tried a new cereal for breakfast.  Kellogg's complete.  It was okay, kind of a cross between 40% bran flakes and Total.  Good fiber content.  Then I did a 4 mile WATP tape.  Afterwards I woke up the kids and we scrambled to get ready and head up to Wuerzburg, where the "big PX" is.  I had some returns to do and they wanted to tag along in case something caught their eye to purchase (they have Christmas money to spend).

So, first thing.. here in Germany we get our Girl Scout Cookies in Jan-Feb time frame.  They do not take orders from individuals, but rather set up group booths and waylay unsuspecting victims, errr.. I mean customers.  I bought four boxes.  I'm hoping that is all I'll buy this year, but I do like to support GirlScouts.  I'm sending one of these boxes on to Paul.. he loves the "tag alongs", although I think they call them something else now.. at any rate.. I'm sending that box to him.

We also dropped off some film to be developed.  The kids and I finished up at the Big PX.  I'm planning a spa party for my stairwell friends (the wives) in early Feb, so I picked up some facial masks on this trip. 

Then we went off to Burger King for lunch.  I ordered the Garden Salad and asked for the grilled chicken to go with  it.  I don't like dressing, so I save a ton of calories on the condiments. My son ordered a crispy chicken sandwich.. and I don't know if that is where the mix up happened, but when I got my salad, I had the crispy chicken instead of the grilled.   I figured, how much difference can it make and ate it.  Well..  it makes a huge difference!!  the crispy has 21 grams of fat and 410 calories compared to 8 grams of fat and 230 calories of the grilled! Last time I take the bite for someone else's mistake!

Anyway, the rest of the shopping trip went off without a hitch.  In the evening the kids and I went to the movies.  We saw the new version of "The Fog."  I hadn't had a dinner, so I splurged and got a bag of M & M peanuts.  Then when we got home, I did a quick 2 mile walk and kick program.

It was lovely to get up this morning and see that my weight is still heading down.

Today's Weight (1/8): 219.2

+ or - from  yesterday: -1.4 Breakfast: Kellogg's Complete Cereal 3/4 cup, skim milk 1/2 cup, small banana Lunch: Garden Salad with crispy chicken @ Burger King, no dressing, diet coke Snack: nofat frozen yogurt Dinner: Bag of Peanut M & M's Calories Allowed:  1300-1500
Calories Used:  1355
Exercise:   AM- 4 mile WATP, PM- Walk and Kick tape Did you  Cheat?  not as such  If so why?I stayed within calorie parameters, so to me that is not a cheat.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TAG YOU ARE IT NOW GO TO MY JOURNAL AND SEE HOW YOU GOT NAILED? {{{HUGS}}} Debbie

Anonymous said...

You did much better.. You are doing very well with you walking.... that does make a difference.. Keep up the good work..
MaryAlice

Anonymous said...

GOOD LORD GIRL WHERE DO YOU FIND THE ENERGY!!!! I BET YOU KEEP THE ENERGIZER BUNNY UNDER YOUR BED    LOL  GOOD JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS AND ON THE WALKING.  I AN'T WAIT TILL I HAVE THIS KIND OF NEWS TO REPORT.  >>SMOOCHES<<  DONNA